Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch (Series 1) is no longer connecting with my iPhone6.

My Apple Watch no longer connects with my iPhone. Activity will not update, and I can not use the “ping” feature to find my iPhone with the watch. I tried restarting both devices, including turning the activity features off then on, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 20, 2018 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2018 2:06 PM

Good afternoon.

First, check the connection status displayed by your watch. see this article.

Status icons and symbols on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you could specify which of these icons appears on your Watchface or in you Control center it would be useful.

Check that your Bluetooth is On on your iPhone.

Restart both iPhones and Apple Watch. I know you tried this already but doing it once more before going further cannot hurt. http://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd521a8a902

Redo the pairing between iPhone and Apple Watch.

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support This is also how to unpair.

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If all fail I suggest you take an appointment at the Genius bar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2018 2:06 PM in response to mariahfromaltadena

Good afternoon.

First, check the connection status displayed by your watch. see this article.

Status icons and symbols on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you could specify which of these icons appears on your Watchface or in you Control center it would be useful.

Check that your Bluetooth is On on your iPhone.

Restart both iPhones and Apple Watch. I know you tried this already but doing it once more before going further cannot hurt. http://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd521a8a902

Redo the pairing between iPhone and Apple Watch.

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support This is also how to unpair.

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If all fail I suggest you take an appointment at the Genius bar.

My Apple Watch (Series 1) is no longer connecting with my iPhone6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.