Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a hotmail email account and I have set it up but I can get any emails or send any

i have a hotmail email account and I have set it up but I can get any emails or send any

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 10:17 AM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2018 4:19 PM in response to elliefrombungay

Hello Ellie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to send or receive mail from your Hotmail account on your iPhone SE. I would be happy to provide some steps to take towards a resolution. Keep in mind if you are able to isolate the issue to a specific email account, we may ultimately need you to contact your email provider as well.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If this is a new email account that has been added to the iPhone, check out these steps specifically:

Check your settings

When you set up your email account on your device, iOS automatically uses the correct account settings for many email providers.

To make sure that your account settings are correct, compare the settings in the Mail app to the settings for your email account:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap your email account.
  2. Tap your email address next to Account to see the account information, such as the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
  3. Check the recommended settings for your email account in the Mail Settings Lookup tool and make sure that they’re the same as what you see on your screen. If you don’t see the settings for your email account, contact your email provider or system administrator.

If you have two-step verification turned on for your Hotmail account, you may also need to generate an App password in order to add the account to your iPhone. Here's how:

App passwords and two-step verification

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.