Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set google maps as default in ios 11?

When first time I opened a loction using google app it asked me to open in apple maps or in google maps but by mistake i clicked on apple maps. But now when i try open location from a link it never ask even I reinstalled google maps and uninstalled apple maps.

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 12:52 PM

You can't set any apps as default apps on your iPhone.

In Google's apps, you can, in the settings for that app, select which apps that app will link to. For example, in the Google Search app, tap on the settings icon in the upper left of the main screen. Tap on Google App Settings. You will then be able to select which mapping app to use. The procedure is similar with other Google apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2018 12:52 PM in response to Usama713

You can't set any apps as default apps on your iPhone.

In Google's apps, you can, in the settings for that app, select which apps that app will link to. For example, in the Google Search app, tap on the settings icon in the upper left of the main screen. Tap on Google App Settings. You will then be able to select which mapping app to use. The procedure is similar with other Google apps.

Mar 22, 2018 12:47 PM in response to Usama713

Hello Usama713,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like another maps app to be your default map app. Resetting your Location Services may help and allow you to choose another maps app of your choosing. The following article has information on how to reset your Location Services:

About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later - Apple Support

If you would like to reset all of your location settings to the factory default, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy. When your location and privacy settings are reset, apps will stop using your location until you grant them permission.

Best Regards.

How to set google maps as default in ios 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.