Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset and connect my siemens speedstream 4200 router to my Imac? my internet is down and the service provider wants me to do this first.

How do I set up my Siemens speedwell 4200 router with my iMac?

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 3:19 PM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2018 12:30 AM in response to jannfromrozelle

The Siemens SpeedStream 4200 appears to be a DSL modem/router. Which Internet service provider is it? The device and/or its settings may or may not be special for this provider. Do you have a manual for your model/version?

Is the SpeedStream 4200 connected directly to the iMac (or do you wish to add other computers and/or a Wi-Fi network)?

Generally speaking, unless the option has been deactivated or altered, it may be possible to carry out a reset by pressing (use a paper clip) and holding a reset button (for approx. four seconds, or until the power light blinks alternating red and green). Please note that this would reset the modem/router to factory default values, so make sure that your ISP can provide you with new configuration details.

Do not expect an installation CD with a setup program to work with a Macintosh computer. You will have to enter data manually. A direct connection to an iMac would use the Ethernet port of the modem/router. Depending on the exact iMac model and its operating system version, you choose the appropriate TCP/IP network settings (typically, using DHCP).

An ISP-specific configuration may be required, based upon the information that you receive. Normally, this can be done via an internal web-based administration page, by opening a web browser and entering something like speedstream or 10.1.1.1 in the address field (ask your ISP for the exact address).

How do I reset and connect my siemens speedstream 4200 router to my Imac? my internet is down and the service provider wants me to do this first.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.