Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing approval always password issue

Ever since getting The iPhone X I am having to input my apple id password when approving a purchase on family sharing. On my old iPhone 7 I just had to do the thumbprint so would hope that the face recognition would work in the same way on the X. I have looked through some forums and it has been suggested that I remove my iCloud details then sign back in. I have done this and it’s still the same. It’s rather frustratin. Can anybody help?

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 2:59 PM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2018 8:31 AM in response to Twizzyjt

This was supposed to be fixed in iOS 11.3, but at least here in the UK it has NOT been addressed at all.

I don't know if it has been fixed in the US release. I assume it has because so many news outlets all claim this would be fixed in iOS 11.3.

After updating to 11.3 the dialog for parental approval of Appstore purchases is exactly the same. There is no prompt about FaceID at all.

Family sharing approval always password issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.