Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.2.6 has destroyed location services to my map. No settings or resets or power cycle works

iOS 11.2.6 has nearly bricked my phone. Want to revert back to 10.3.1

tried resetting, power cycles, still no maps and now get no service

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 7:25 PM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2018 8:37 AM in response to Floridasalty

No, that wasn't my answer. If you restore from backup, it restores your data, not an older backup. There is not anything wrong with the iOS, it is an issue with your individual phone. If you would like to know how to restore your device to a backup, see this support document. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

To understand what is backed up, see these support documents. About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support, What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

If the restore from backup does not correct the issue, try restoring the device to factory and set it up as new and test. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support If that fixed the issue, then try restoring your backup again. If the phone experiences issues again, then you have corrupt data in the backup. If the phone fails when set up as new, then there are hardware problems and you need to make a Genius Bar appointment to have it examined by Apple.

iOS 11.2.6 has destroyed location services to my map. No settings or resets or power cycle works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.