Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Touch Bar work on Bootcamp Windows?

Has anyone tried using the Touch Bar for Bootcamp Windows 10?

I noticed all function keys are disabled and there's not much going on with the Touch Bar.

Are there drivers that'll make the Touch Bar compatible to Windows partition? Or do I have to

wait for both 3rd parties and Apple to release new keyboard drivers? Do you think Apple will

continue to release new MacBook Pro models with Touch Bar? I miss older scissor keyboard

with all Fn keys. I guess most Mac users don't need Fn keys but I use them because I use Windows

besides macOS. Being a user of both Mac and PC is kinda stressful and has anyone felt like you can't choose

either one of 2 operating systems? Maybe it's better to buy a Surface computer if Apple won't release Bootcamp drivers for the Touch Bar. Any thought or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), null

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 7:22 AM

Yep. As per the previous two posts: the Touchbar works just fine, with all standard function keys available in one view, and all standard "multimedia" and "system" keys available in the other - and one can set either as the default view with the other as the alternate.

But as far as use of the TB by applications is concerned: It's always possible I suppose, but considering the logistics and Apple's own lack of interest in supporting anything other than MacOS, I can't imagine we'll ever really see support for the TB built into applications the way they are in MacOS itself!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2018 7:22 AM in response to Lion 2012

Yep. As per the previous two posts: the Touchbar works just fine, with all standard function keys available in one view, and all standard "multimedia" and "system" keys available in the other - and one can set either as the default view with the other as the alternate.

But as far as use of the TB by applications is concerned: It's always possible I suppose, but considering the logistics and Apple's own lack of interest in supporting anything other than MacOS, I can't imagine we'll ever really see support for the TB built into applications the way they are in MacOS itself!

Will Touch Bar work on Bootcamp Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.