Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to backup iphone without icloud

I have iphone X 64GB. How can i back this up without icloud. I tried using itunes on my MBP. But i dont have 30GB of free space on my MBP. Cant change the location of back up either - so the major question is - Is my $1000 phone unbackable with out a windows computer??

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 12:31 AM

10 replies

Mar 25, 2018 2:11 AM in response to Nirvo

Honestly, I’m not that sure. You shouldn’t have to do it everytime as your back up should overwrite the last one so you would only need the same amount of space.

Maybe try refusing the back up, back up photos to google photos (free unlimited storage) so you can delete older ones from your iPhone now and aging and reduce the size.

I wonder if it will let you change the location once you have backed up and got it going. You could back up and then move the back up file to your External HD.

Mar 25, 2018 2:18 AM in response to Nirvo

Hi

You don't need to use your pc for backup.

Go to iCloud on iPhone make sure iCloud back up is on Then backup now over your wifi.

You have 5G of free data you can buy 50G of storage for about £0.79 / $1 dollar per month.r

I haven't used my pc For 4 years for backup all done over wifi & iCloud.

Go to books download ios 11 user guide &iPhone X guide both are free.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Mar 25, 2018 3:28 AM in response to Nirvo

Your issue is not with the $1000 phone, it's with the lack of storage ability on your computer that runs iTunes. If you used a Windows PC with little storage, you would have the same issue.

iTunes backups will overwrite each other as you go, so if you make enough space available once, you are set.

Is there a reason you do not wish to use iCloud?

How to backup iphone without icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.