Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to correct iCloud Status?

A couple years ago something happened to a lot of my matched tracks. The iCloud Status changed from Matched to Uploaded, even though the Kind field still stated it's a Matched AAC audio file. I noticed today the word Matched has disappeared from the Kind field, leaving AAC audio file, thus making it impossible for me to know which of my songs are actually matched. I should be able to get an accurate list by checking for AAC in Kind and 256 for Bit Rate though. But I want to correct this issue. How can I get the status on those songs to go back to Matched instead of Uploaded?

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 1:34 PM

9 replies

Mar 25, 2018 4:02 PM in response to sberman

That's not how iTunes Match ever worked. It matched from the audio and it would preserve your metadata when matched, even when you delete your original audio file and download the iTunes version. So, metadata wouldn't explain how they went from Matched to Uploaded. (Apple Music's version of matching may be different, though, but I never used that.)

Mar 25, 2018 11:54 PM in response to Plant-Daddy

Hi,

Another suggestion is to create a new iTunes library which shows only music in the cloud. Delete the required tracks then go back to your original library. The tracks will now have an iCloud status of removed. You can then readd them to iCloud music library. There is no guarantee that the tracks will be matched. Play counts metadata etc will be maintained.

Jim

Mar 27, 2018 8:53 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hey Jim, I went ahead and deleted a song - deleted it from iCloud. I then added it back into iTunes, then added it to the iCloud music library, but it did not match nor did it even upload the song, it simply linked it back up with what was there before, so it appears the same as it did before with its Uploaded status. It seems deleted songs aren't actually deleted in that they're still used to check for matches.

How to correct iCloud Status?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.