Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts on “Listen Now” Page don’t load

About 80% of the time a new Podcast that show up on the top of the Listen Now Page in iOS 11 does not load. The hoop just keeps spinning and spinning.

To get a succes download once it has hung I have to delete the podcast from the library. Go to the Episodes Page, and download the podcast from there. (If I try to re-download from the Listen Now Page it won’t work once the download has previously hung there.)

I’m set up with auto download, download only on WiFi, and delete podcast after listening.

Thanks if you have any input...

Q.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 1:27 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 26, 2018 2:33 AM in response to anonyme4321

Yes. This problem has been consistent for me since the launch of iOS 11. I have deleted and reloaded the app a few times and restarted the device countless times in the course of that time.

Once the download hangs on the Listen Now Page the only fix seems to be delete it from the library and re-download it on its associated Episodes Page.

I think i read somewhere someone thought it might be a display problem. The podcast has actually downloaded, but the spinning hoop keeps displaying in error. But, I seem to remember several times I had left WiFi with the download hoop still spinning and then tried to play the buffered podcast. But it wouldn’t play. So, I think in those instances it did not download, and the display was correct.

Q.

Podcasts on “Listen Now” Page don’t load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.