Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Approve "Ask to Buy" without an Apple device for the parent.

Several years ago I set up an iCloud account for myself and my child, with my child as a member of my family. I no longer have an Apple device and he has an iPhone 5s with the latest OS (11.2.6). He cannot install any apps without my approving them, but I have no mechanism to approve them without an i-device.

Is there anyway to approve "Ask to Buy" requests without the parent having an Apple Product? I don't see a way in iCloud? What if I install iCloud on my Windows PC? If not, can I transfer him out of the family (he is under 13) or to someone else? Again, I don't have an Apple device.

I've logged into my iCloud on the web and checked the email address associated with my iCloud account but see no evidence of the request.

I tried to sign into iCloud on my child's device, but that essentially resets the phone so I am hesitant to of that and it is not an ongoing solution.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 6:45 AM

There is no alternative for approving Ask to Buy requests. This requires an Apple device.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://apple.com/feedback

1 reply

Approve "Ask to Buy" without an Apple device for the parent.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.