Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing Account Details without Apple Device

I have an Apple Account but at present do not have my own dedicated Apple device My 11 year old son has an iPhone and any purchase requests come to me. However without my own device I can't work out how to approve his purchases so he can't buy anything. I have logged in to my account using my wife's iPhone but can't seem to make the necessary changes. Ideally I would like to change my account to allow my wife to approve his purchases.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 7:24 AM

You can't access the functions by signing into Settings/Your Name/iCloud on the phone? Another option is to disband the family and set it up again with your wife as the organizer. See the second link if you have children under 13.

Family Sharing - Leave

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 7:24 AM in response to Loinsy

You can't access the functions by signing into Settings/Your Name/iCloud on the phone? Another option is to disband the family and set it up again with your wife as the organizer. See the second link if you have children under 13.

Family Sharing - Leave

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support?

Jan 20, 2019 5:47 AM in response to Loinsy

Choose another approver 

The organizer can give another parent or guardian in the group permission to manage Ask to Buy requests. Only one adult needs to manage each purchase, and after it's done, the purchase is final.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing, tap your family member, then tap Parent/Guardian. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Family.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud, select your family member, then select Parent/Guardian.

Family Sharing -  Ask to Buy

Accessing Account Details without Apple Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.