Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not get rid of Facebook Password Required

After changing my password for Facebook I keep getting Facebook Password Required in top corner and when i press close one minute later it is back. I click continue and it does not like my new or old password . I can still get in my Facebook but this notification is annoying

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2018 9:56 AM

Hey there, Marie!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your issue, you've recently hanged your password with Facebook, and now you're seeing a prompt on your Mac that your Facebook password needs to be entered. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would suggest removing and then re-adding your Facebook account under System Preferences. You can get there by selecting the Apple  menu > System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Select your Facebook account, and then click the remove account (-) button at the bottom of the list. Then, hit the add account button (+) and select Facebook. Enter your Facebook login credentials and sign in.

Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2018 9:56 AM in response to marie274

Hey there, Marie!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your issue, you've recently hanged your password with Facebook, and now you're seeing a prompt on your Mac that your Facebook password needs to be entered. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would suggest removing and then re-adding your Facebook account under System Preferences. You can get there by selecting the Apple  menu > System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Select your Facebook account, and then click the remove account (-) button at the bottom of the list. Then, hit the add account button (+) and select Facebook. Enter your Facebook login credentials and sign in.

Have a great day!

can not get rid of Facebook Password Required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.