Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud breached

Yesterday I received 5 phone calls on my landline saying my iCloud account had been breached and was given options to talk to Apple Support or call back a toll free number. I did not respond because they don't sound legit. I received another call this evening saying the same thing with a different phone number to call back. Does Apple support contact individuals on landlines to notify them of breach in iCloud accounts or is this a scam?

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 6:42 PM

Do you have Caller ID/Calling Line Identification? Did you get their number?

Did they address you by name, before you gave clues to whom they were speaking?

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

“If you get a suspicious phone call or voicemail

Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly.”

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2018 6:42 PM in response to Sue06

Do you have Caller ID/Calling Line Identification? Did you get their number?

Did they address you by name, before you gave clues to whom they were speaking?

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

“If you get a suspicious phone call or voicemail

Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly.”

Mar 26, 2018 8:22 PM in response to Sue06

The phone number for "Apple Support Advisor" was 201 380 6029 for all calls except one, and it left a different number of 716 442 3246.

Apple simply does not have a team proactively monitoring iCloud accounts for issues.

The caller ID is meaningless. Any messages left are going to be attempts to make it sound serious and needing followup on your part.

iCloud breached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.