Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID not working for banking app

I cannot login to my banking app with Touch ID. Every time I enable the Touch ID in the app and then re-open the app it says "Alert. Touch ID was disabled. Please sign on with your Access ID and select Settings > Quick Access to re-enable Touch ID." I've done that like 10 times and Touch ID still keeps disabling itself after I re-enable it. Also tried deleting app and all its data/reinstalling the app. Same issue. Also tried removing my phone number on the regular banking website on my computer and re-adding it. Same issue. Also tried toggling the enabled/disabled setting for Touch ID back and forth (in the banking app) and signing off without quitting the app. Same issue. Called the bank, they don't know what the problem is, they said call Apple. I haven't called Apple yet but I may. The issue only appeared when I got a new iPhone 8 (had an iPhone 6 before). Other apps work fine with Touch ID. It would seem I am not the only one with this issue. Here is an older thread that I found but that appears to be the same issue:

Touch ID not working for banking apps

Not sure if the problem is with the banking app or somehow with the new device not allowing certain apps to access the fingerprint data on the phone. Anyone else having this issue? If so, has anyone else found a way to resolve it?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 28, 2018 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2018 7:16 PM

After literally hours of screwing around with it I got something to work. Maybe it will work for you as well. I deleted the app and then turned my phone off. Turned my phone back on and reinstalled the app. Then I logged into my account and turned it the touch ID on. I turned it back off and then turned it back on and finally it stayed on. The ONLY thing I did different was To delete the app and THEN turn the phone off before reinstalling the app. I have one more I’m about to try it with.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2018 7:16 PM in response to steveg888

After literally hours of screwing around with it I got something to work. Maybe it will work for you as well. I deleted the app and then turned my phone off. Turned my phone back on and reinstalled the app. Then I logged into my account and turned it the touch ID on. I turned it back off and then turned it back on and finally it stayed on. The ONLY thing I did different was To delete the app and THEN turn the phone off before reinstalling the app. I have one more I’m about to try it with.

Mar 28, 2018 1:00 PM in response to steveg888

Additional info: I just noticed that in the App Store under comments for this particular banking app (WesBanco) one user reported the same problem I am having.

He states:

"TouchID Turning Off: With the latest update, TouchID is turning itself off every time I close out of the app."

I called WesBanco support and they said they've never heard of this issue. If you use the WesBanco mobile app and are having this too, please call their support line. The more people complain perhaps the sooner they'll fix it. Their number is:

1-800-905-9043

Cheers,

Steve

Touch ID not working for banking app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.