Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone x randomly restarting iOS11.2.6

After upgrading to the current iOS 11.2.6 as of this writing, I get at least one or two random restarts. So far it always restarts and it is independent on what application I am in or launching. A few times it restarted while just sitting. Please, this is barely a week old and I waited intentionally on purchasing this to make sure it did not have any serious flaws. This is a tool of our trade and if it is not reliable and hangs up on customers to restart, well that won't be acceptable and have to be replaced. Too bad, I like the interface and functionality better than the 6.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2018 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2018 5:37 PM

Hi rgwus,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPhone X will unexpectedly restart when using any apps. Since this began after you updated to ios 11.2.6, there is a step in this article you can try.

If you're unable to update or still have issues after the update, contact Apple Support.​

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch unexpectedly restarts

Cheers.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2018 5:37 PM in response to rgwus

Hi rgwus,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPhone X will unexpectedly restart when using any apps. Since this began after you updated to ios 11.2.6, there is a step in this article you can try.

If you're unable to update or still have issues after the update, contact Apple Support.​

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch unexpectedly restarts

Cheers.

Mar 29, 2018 6:55 PM in response to CarlAVII

Greetings - even though I depend more on this phone than I care to admit, the Apple Tech support did an excellent job and resetting the phone did the trick. The BIGGEST recommendation I can offer to anyone having to reset and wipe their phone is to make DOUBLE sure that you deactivate/TURN OFF any 2-step authentication you have enabled for those extra security measures. I had a couple dealing with financial institutes that required me to send in copies of my ID and now waiting 48-72 hours for them to disable the 2-step authentication so I can access my account. Other than that, my situation with the phone restarting at random times has subsided.

Cheers,

Richard

iphone x randomly restarting iOS11.2.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.