Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari icon is gone

My safari icon has disappeared ... may have clicked something don’t know what

Posted on Mar 29, 2018 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2018 9:33 AM

You can’t delete it so it is somewhere on your device.

You may have restricted it. Check Settings>General>Restrictions and make sure Safari is not disabled.

Search for it. Swipe down from the middle of any home screen and type Safari into the search field at the top of the screen. If it is in a folder, it will show the folder on the right of the app name after you tap on the app when it appears in the search.

You can also Reset the Home screen layout which will return Safari to the home screen as long as it isn’t restricted. When you do this, it returns the home screen to out of the box condition and it will destroy any folders you had on the home screen. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home screen layout.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2018 9:33 AM in response to juanita127

You can’t delete it so it is somewhere on your device.

You may have restricted it. Check Settings>General>Restrictions and make sure Safari is not disabled.

Search for it. Swipe down from the middle of any home screen and type Safari into the search field at the top of the screen. If it is in a folder, it will show the folder on the right of the app name after you tap on the app when it appears in the search.

You can also Reset the Home screen layout which will return Safari to the home screen as long as it isn’t restricted. When you do this, it returns the home screen to out of the box condition and it will destroy any folders you had on the home screen. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home screen layout.

My safari icon is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.