Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update screen is blank in App Store on MacBook Pro

App Store on my MacBook Pro indicates that I have two available updates, but when I go to updates the screen is blank. Tried restarting, shutting down and powering up, and resetting NVRAM.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 10:31 PM

I had this problem too.

I followed another post on this forum, to do the following which worked for me...

In terminal,

1.delete files inside...

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore

2.delete files inside folders with "appstore" in their name, inside the folder, there are random named folders, with caches inside them...

/private/var/folders/

3. reboot

after doing the no 2. step and rebooting, the App Store updates screen returned to normal for me.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2018 10:31 PM in response to Elros

I had this problem too.

I followed another post on this forum, to do the following which worked for me...

In terminal,

1.delete files inside...

2.delete files inside folders with "appstore" in their name, inside the folder, there are random named folders, with caches inside them...

/private/var/folders/

3. reboot

after doing the no 2. step and rebooting, the App Store updates screen returned to normal for me.

Apr 7, 2018 1:24 AM in response to vikramrchennai

I had this problem too.

In terminal,

1.delete files inside...

/private/var/folders/

3. reboot

In step 2, I did not go into folders for which I did not have permission. Only into the ones for which I was allowed.

Apr 7, 2018 1:26 AM in response to vikramrchennai

I had this problem too.

In terminal,

1.delete files inside...

/private/var/folders/

3. reboot

In step 2, I did not go into folders for which I did not have permission. Only into the ones for which I was allowed.

Update screen is blank in App Store on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.