Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store Updates screen is blank

On my Macintosh under the  menu, the App Store is showing that there is 1 update pending. When I click on it to open the App Store, the Updates screen is completely empty (all white) except for some copyright information at the bottom. Rebooting hasn't helped. The other screens (Featured, Top Charts, Categories, Purchased) all look normal. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2018 10:20 AM

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that might help.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then try the App Store.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2018 10:20 AM in response to Ken Nellis

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that might help.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then try the App Store.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Mar 31, 2018 10:39 PM in response to Ken Nellis

I had this problem too.

I followed another post on this forum, to do the following which worked for me...

In terminal,

1.delete files inside...

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore

2.delete files inside folders with "appstore" in their name, inside the folder, there are random named folders, with caches inside them...

/private/var/folders/

3. reboot

after doing the no 2. step and rebooting, the App Store updates screen returned to normal for me.

Update screen is blank in App Store on MacBook Pro

Mac App Store Updates screen is blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.