Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari doesn't display facebook correctly

After the 10.13.4 update last week, Safari doesn't show Facebook timeline correctly. Groups and pages show correctly. His is with multiple FB accounts.

Timeline shows top entry and one suggested post. After is shows "More Stories", clicking this does nothing.

FB on Chrome displays fine.

FB in Safari on iPad & iPhone displays fine.

FB on any browser on Windows displays fine.

I have:

Cleared cache - several times

Cleared History - several times

Rebooted after clearing cache and history.

Reported this to Facebook.

anyone with any ideas?

Thanks!

B

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2018 10:40 AM

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Uncheck the box beside Dashlane in the sidebar.

User uploaded file

Turnoff or uninstall extensions

Section: Manage your extensions: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/use-safari-extensions-sfri32508/mac

50 replies

Apr 2, 2018 7:17 AM in response to BrianInBS

1. Advanced pane of Safari Preferences.

Safari > Preferences > Advanced > Accessibility:

Uncheck the box beside “Never use font sizes smaller than”.

2. If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203353

Turnoff or uninstall extensions and test.

Section: Manage extensions: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/use-safari-extensions-sfri32508/mac

3. Sometimes third party software can cause this kind of a problem.

Please run EtreCheck and post the report here.

https://etrecheck.com

Download it, open Downloads folder, click on it to open and select ”Open”.

Select a problem from the “Choose a problem” popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard”, and then paste it when you reply.

Apr 2, 2018 7:21 AM in response to BrianInBS

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. Please post if this worked or not.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer or by using the developer’s uninstall instructions. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once. Please post if this worked or not.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

Aug 4, 2018 3:05 PM in response to dominic23

I was confused by this response and still am as the advice is to turn off Dashlane and the graphic shows turning off AdBlock. But since I don't use Dashlane and I do use AdBlock and was having this very issue, I tried turning off AdBlock. And that fixed the problem, except now I have to look at ads. So does anyone know of an ad blocker for Safari that is compatible with Facebook?

Aug 6, 2018 1:02 PM in response to BrianInBS

I'm having this same problem. Facebook seems to have recently suggested that I go into Safari's Develop menu > User Agent and set the User Agent to Safari 11.1.2. I noted that User Agent had set my Safari to the Default. I reset it and went to Safari preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data and cleared the Facebook entry. There was a transient effect, but very quickly Facebook would only load one item again. Of note, Facebook is working perfectly on my iPad running iOS 11.4.1

safari doesn't display facebook correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.