Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library NOT Working

Since Saturday, my iCloud Music Library is not syncing across devices. I have followed the typical steps (i.e. turning off and on iCML and restarting all my devices), but nothing seems to work. Is this an iOS 11.3 bug?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 2, 2018 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 9:13 AM

I had this issue this week as well. Any time I added music on iTunes, it would not push over to my iPhone or iPad. Same way if I added music on either iOS device; it would not push to the other iOS device. However, it would always update in iTunes. I updated each iOS device to 11.3 but it still had no effect. I also tried all the steps that Apple recommends with no effect. I do believe it's a bug that needs to be addressed. I also have a case # open as well.

However, I found a method that actually fixed the problem for me. To manually refresh your iPhone's music library, simply create a new, blank playlist by navigating to the Library tab in the iOS Music app, tap Playlists, tap New Playlist, and tap Done. Once the refresh is done, jump to the bottom of the Playlists page and 3D Touch to delete the empty playlist. Note that this will also update songs added and removed within playlists. I did this on both my iPhone & iPad. It not only refreshed the music but it seemed to "wake up" the push feature and now everything syncs. Hopefully this should help until Apple comes out with a fix.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2018 9:13 AM in response to All_Apple_User

I had this issue this week as well. Any time I added music on iTunes, it would not push over to my iPhone or iPad. Same way if I added music on either iOS device; it would not push to the other iOS device. However, it would always update in iTunes. I updated each iOS device to 11.3 but it still had no effect. I also tried all the steps that Apple recommends with no effect. I do believe it's a bug that needs to be addressed. I also have a case # open as well.

However, I found a method that actually fixed the problem for me. To manually refresh your iPhone's music library, simply create a new, blank playlist by navigating to the Library tab in the iOS Music app, tap Playlists, tap New Playlist, and tap Done. Once the refresh is done, jump to the bottom of the Playlists page and 3D Touch to delete the empty playlist. Note that this will also update songs added and removed within playlists. I did this on both my iPhone & iPad. It not only refreshed the music but it seemed to "wake up" the push feature and now everything syncs. Hopefully this should help until Apple comes out with a fix.

Apr 11, 2018 10:28 AM in response to All_Apple_User

Update - 4.11.18 12:30pm EST:

I spoke with some high level technical advisor who's part of a group of technicians that apparently only report to the Executive Offices from what I'm told. He told me Apple engineers had made "some changes on the back end" to my account, and that I needed to:

1. Deauthorize all of my computers and sign out from iTunes completely on each computer

2. Turn off ICML and sign out from my Apple ID on my iPhone

3. Sign back in to everything and test

This worked for me, aside from the annoying part of having to redownload all of my music again. I asked what the problem was given that "something" had been done to my account specifically (that's what I'm told.)

Tech support: "The engineers don't share that kind of information."

Me: "Let me get this straight...the problem is resolved (for now at least), and you don't know what the fix was, and I'm not allowed to know what the fix was?"

Tech support: [long pause] "Yes sir, that is correct. I don't have any information on it."

Me: "So if this was something related specifically to my account as you say, how am I supposed to make sure this doesn't happen again? How am I supposed to know I'm not potentially doing something wrong? Or not doing something?"

Tech support: "Well it could've been a number of things, maybe something as simple as a song that was having an issue on our servers."

Me: "Ok, so again, that's important information for me to know given that I've been having this issue for 2 months now and would prefer it doesn't happen again...especially given the amount of time and energy I've dumped into this issue trying to get it resolved already. Don't you want to know what the fix too was so you can help other people?"

Tech support: "Yes sir, I do."

Me: "Great, so why don't you go try to figure that out and get back to me."

Tech support: "I will do that, I'll talk to engineering again, and I'll contact you back in 2-3 business days."

Me: "Great, sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to hearing from you."

iCloud Music Library NOT Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.