Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add music to Library or download songs

I cannot add music to my library or download songs -- they magically disappear almost instantly. I can hit the "+" icon next to a song or album, then the "cloud-arrow" icon to download said song or album, and it appears to initiate the download process, but then... it doesn't. It goes back to the "+" icon and does not add to my library or download. This issue is persistent across both my iPhone and iPad, both of which are on iOS 14.6

I tried cycling on and off the "sync library" feature, and now *none* of my library appears on my iPhone and it's stuck on the "syncing library" phase, but doesn't appear to be doing anything at all.

Is there a maximum iCloud Music Library size? I realize that my Library is extremely large (~98,000 songs), so I'm concerned that perhaps it's an issue with approaching 100,000 songs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 9:21 AM

EDIT: It's definitely the 100,000-song limit that's the issue. Honestly wasn't aware that was still a thing. I really hope Apple removes that limitation at some point in the near future... This is going to be a tremendous pain to go through my entire library and "trim the fat".

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 9:21 AM in response to pjf6387

EDIT: It's definitely the 100,000-song limit that's the issue. Honestly wasn't aware that was still a thing. I really hope Apple removes that limitation at some point in the near future... This is going to be a tremendous pain to go through my entire library and "trim the fat".

Can't add music to Library or download songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.