Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1st gen apple watch 4.3 won’t turn on

I updated my 1st gen apple watch stainless steel to 4.3, and all went well at first. I turned my watch off at night and went ot bed. Next morning, as I always do for the past two years, I put it on the charger, and started my day. When I went to take it off the charger, 50 minutes later it was still showing the apple logo. I have tried everything. Hard reset with both buttons, left on the charger for another 30 minutes...nothing worked. I then turned it off, and left it fir the rest if the day. The same night, coming back from work, I tried to turn it on again, and after maybe 4-5 minutes, it did turn on! I though it was something that “just happened”...next day, all the same again. I took with me, and after 2-3 hard resets, I turned it off and left it alone for 15-20 minutes. Then I tried to turn it on again, and it worked (eventhough it took almost 3-4 minutes to turn on)...my best friend has the same exact watch with me, only for 7 months, and he has the same problem! Is that a 4.3 bug that 1st gen apple watches have?

I forgot to mention, that after the update I did a factory reset, and set up the watch from scratch...it didn’t help, even when I did it again after the first time it got stuck...

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 3:34 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 4, 2018 8:58 AM in response to tfd1978

Hi there, tfd1978!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your Apple Watch not powering on properly and I'm happy to help! You've tried excellent steps so far resetting the Watch and setting it up as a new device and at his point, it would be best to go to this link: Contact Support This will get you in touch with Apple and they will be happy to proceed with further steps.

Cheers!

May 17, 2018 4:49 AM in response to Leanne_68

This help -

User uploaded file tfd1978Apr 16, 2018 3:09 PM in response to Memo Idora
User uploaded file Level 1

Re: 1st gen apple watch 4.3 won’t turn onIn response to Memo Idora

I found something that seems to be working just fine for the past three days. I turned off night stand mode, and the watch has no problem turning on. It still takes 3 to 4 minutes to boot, but it works! I hope it works for other people too.

Apr 14, 2018 9:42 AM in response to Memo Idora

I guess all we have to do is wait for the next update to come out! The sad thing is that the watch works perfectly, unless you try to restart it. I keep it charged, so it won’t turn off. My friend’s Series 1 SS, turned off, and sadly three later, he still can’t make it work. It won’t turn on... I’m afraid this will happen to me too!

1st gen apple watch 4.3 won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.