Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MF scanner INOP 10.13.4

Since upgrading to macOS High Sierra Ver. 10.13.4 the scanner in my multifunction printer has quit working. When I delete the printer / scanner and reinstall all that installs is the printer, the scanner function will not reinstall. Printer functions including utilities work fine but no scanner is available. (Also the scan function in IOS with Canon PRINT software no longer detects my MX340 after update to IOS 11.3).

Come on Apple, what have you done with these latest updates? Anyone else having scan issues with 10.13.4? I installed the trial of VueScan software, it recognizes my MX340 and works just fine, but they want $40 for the non watermark version of the software. So it definitely is an issue with the update and the printer / scanner drivers in 10.13.4 as VueScan uses their own drivers.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Canon MX340 MFP

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 10:32 AM

According to this Apple document, Printer and scanner software for macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks - Apple Support, your model is supported.

That being said try downloading the Canon Printer Drivers v3.4 for OS X, and reapply it. It contains the drivers mentioned in the first Apple document.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2018 10:32 AM in response to Soondae58

According to this Apple document, Printer and scanner software for macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks - Apple Support, your model is supported.

That being said try downloading the Canon Printer Drivers v3.4 for OS X, and reapply it. It contains the drivers mentioned in the first Apple document.

User uploaded file

Apr 4, 2018 8:52 PM in response to Old Toad

Unfortunately the Canon Printer drivers v3.4 no longer support the scanner built into my legacy Pixma MX340 however Canon support replied for me to try the legacy MP Navigator EX software which does indeed find my MFP on the network and allow me to scan my documents and photos. For those with this issue; you need select macOS 10.11 on the Canon support page for your legacy printer then you will see the software available for download.

Canon MF scanner INOP 10.13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.