Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages in icloud is currently disabled

What should I do ?

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 6:32 PM

I think it’s bc of the update ... I too have the same problem, sign out and back in to iCloud still same problem .. taping on the iCloud disabled and repair account still doesn’t disappear .. any help ??

48 replies

Apr 3, 2018 3:58 PM in response to tj291

If you don't already know, Messages in iCloud is an unreleased feature and is currently only available to beta testers running iOS 11.4 Beta. I'm not a beta tester, but I had the same "notification" running iOS 11.3 Released. I tapped the "Repair Account" link below the notice, but nothing happened so I tapped it a few more times thinking I missed it on the first try and all of a sudden the notice vanished. I'm guessing it's just a minor bug remaining from when they were beta testing the feature in iOS 11.3 Beta.

Apr 4, 2018 4:41 PM in response to rachannx9

I have had it for the last two days when someone responds to a large group text by “liking” a message in iMessage but it comes through as sms. First I had to delete the whole thread bc the screen was blank with her message. Second time it just took forever to open. Not sure if it’s still a problem yet as I haven’t had it happen since updating earlier today. Came here about the OP.

Apr 6, 2018 5:11 AM in response to tj291

I’m having this same issue too. I went into icloud to see back up my phone because the woman at the apple store suggested i restore my phone. I looked and Messages wasn’t even there. I couldn’t restore it because none of my messages would have been saved in the backup. I’ve been having all kinds of problems with my software since 11 came out. My msssage notifications disappearing from my home screen if I don’t check them immediately. Apple maps delays and freezes for like two or three minutes at a time and i end up lost. And when i was on the phone with apple support trying to fix my first messages issue, they had me back it up from my computer, and it automatically restored itself to factory settings. I’ve used so much gas and time trying to fix these issues it’s ridiculous. I’ve had to restore my phone twice and one of those times i had to keep it at factory settings because my backup was corrupt and was draining my battery. They keep telling me it’s a software issue but now they’re saying I’m just gonna have to get a new phone and see if that helps at all. It’s starting to seem like apple’s just trying to get me to spend money. I’m getting sick of it.

Apr 6, 2018 7:04 AM in response to Tessolas

I believe these are the instructions I found online that worked.

After software upgrade IOS 11.3 today I had this message appear also...

This works as I have just done it:

-Sign out of ICloud

-re boot your IPhone

-Sign back into ICloud

-Message has disappeared

I had to do it 2 times and now the message has disappeared but once you reboot go to your message first to see if that disable message has left if it has log back into IClound, If it hadn't reboot again before logging back into ICloud. Like I said I had to do it twice.

messages in icloud is currently disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.