Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iturnes installer problem

I run windows 7 and am unable to install any updates. It goes through a majority of the process then I get an installer error. To make matters worse I uninstalled iTunes and then tried a complete new install and had the same issue. So now I'm without it completely.

Thanks in advance for any help.

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 8:28 AM

What specific error message do you get?

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2018 8:28 AM in response to Stuart Geller

What specific error message do you get?

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 6, 2018 3:56 PM in response to Stuart Geller

Do you have either iTunes Match or Apple Music? If you don't have those then one would only expect to see purchased content on the new computer. Offhand I'm not sure why they are showing as greyed out. A screenshot might reveal something I'm not getting in the description.

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer for advice on moving an iTunes library from one computer to another that captures ratings, play counts, playlists, etc.

tt2

Apr 6, 2018 4:20 PM in response to turingtest2

I do have iTunes Match but not Apple Music. I purchased a new PC and have slowing been moving stuff from one PC to another. After I had deleted my iTunes yesterday I decided to authorize iTunes on the new PC. That's when I noticed the grayed out songs. The new PC is Windows 10 and as far as I can tell the new OS does not have the folder my music. In the directory is shows the library but with a icon that I don't recognize and you can't move songs into it, it's not a folder. I will keep playing around with it and study the link that you sent.

Thanks for the help.

iturnes installer problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.