Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot send email

Hello people,

My Ipad's email app can receive messages but when I try to send messages I get the result "Cannot verify server identity. the identity of mail.myaccess.com.au cannot be verified by settings" Under detais it says "Not trusted issued by Comodo RSA domain validation scure server CA" So far as I can see all the settings are the same as those I use on my Windows 7 desktop server.

The bizarre thing is that it is receiving emails through that server and I can also browse the internet through the same connection, there is just this block on sending which has arisen since I last used the I pad a couple of weeks ago.

Can this be fixed or would I be better off junking this device which has repeatedly tested my patience to the point where I am having visions of hammers and other blunt instruments.?

Kindest regards,

Colin Ballard,

8 April 2018

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3, Serial No.dmpl8c5cf185

Posted on Apr 7, 2018 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2018 9:12 PM

The error that you are seeing is because the certificate for your mail server must be expired. Check with your email provider about updates to the certificate. Receiving mail is done by a different server than sending mail. The ability to browse the internet has nothing at all to do with the ability to send mail. Completely different services.

Again, check with your email provider about updates to your mail certificates. The decision to junk the device or to use a hammer and/or other blunt instrument to troubleshoot the device is up to you. However, I can assure you that should you decide to use one of those, the ability to do anything else besides send mail will cease to function as well.

If these certificates are installed via profile, then see this support document. Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2018 9:12 PM in response to fluffkin21001

The error that you are seeing is because the certificate for your mail server must be expired. Check with your email provider about updates to the certificate. Receiving mail is done by a different server than sending mail. The ability to browse the internet has nothing at all to do with the ability to send mail. Completely different services.

Again, check with your email provider about updates to your mail certificates. The decision to junk the device or to use a hammer and/or other blunt instrument to troubleshoot the device is up to you. However, I can assure you that should you decide to use one of those, the ability to do anything else besides send mail will cease to function as well.

If these certificates are installed via profile, then see this support document. Trust manually installed certificate profiles in iOS - Apple Support

Apr 14, 2018 4:20 PM in response to fluffkin21001

fluffkin21001 wrote:

Hello people,

My Ipad's email app can receive messages but when I try to send messages I get the result "Cannot verify server identity. the identity of mail.myaccess.com.au cannot be verified by settings" Under detais it says "Not trusted issued by Comodo RSA domain validation scure server CA"

Colin, are you sure mail.myaccess.com.au is the correct address? I tried to check its SSL cert expiration date but the server can't be found. I can connect to mail.myaccess.com (without .au suffix). Anyway, there's nothing wrong with your iPad. If it does turn out to be expired certificate, the problem will go away when the mail provider renews and replaces their certificate.

cannot send email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.