Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crack iphone X camera upper lens (not glass)

Never drop my phone before and was in a Tech21 Evo Tactical case since day 1.. 2week of using suddenly there’s a spiderweb in the upper lens, not zoom lens. Super frustrating and annoying! Went to local Apple Service Center they insists I drop my phone... but without a scratch at all on the outer glass covering the camera lens.. I read some people have this issue in cold climate, I live in Malaysia and weather is hot and humid around 32-36 Celsius daily.. and we don’t have apple store in Malaysia here, so can not count on authorized centers, but refuse for repair. Anyone had the same problem? Did you repair it out of Apple?

Posted on Apr 7, 2018 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2018 10:32 AM

My iphone x camera lens cracked right around by where the microphone is on the camera never dropped it once. This happened right around the week there was a huge snowstorm and i had to work i believe the cold weather messed with the hard glass because at first it started off as a white looking little bubble inside the glass. Just visited the genius from apple who told me it will cost 550$ to replace my phone. Why apple? Why?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2018 10:32 AM in response to andyng0131

My iphone x camera lens cracked right around by where the microphone is on the camera never dropped it once. This happened right around the week there was a huge snowstorm and i had to work i believe the cold weather messed with the hard glass because at first it started off as a white looking little bubble inside the glass. Just visited the genius from apple who told me it will cost 550$ to replace my phone. Why apple? Why?

Jun 9, 2018 4:27 PM in response to gwellen

I’ve got the same issue. Phone hasn’t been dropped at all and it’s just the “portrait” camera that’s affected. I have a genius appointment on mon which is over an hours drive away. I’m. Or going to be taking the “oh, you must of dropped it excuse”. This seems like Apple have a serious issue with the camera lens on the 10!

Jul 9, 2018 10:50 AM in response to andyng0131

Same thing. I have only once cracked a screen and have had phones since the very first ones came out. My iPhone x has a Speck case which protrudes beyond the camera lens and I have never dropped it (OK, OK, I suppose everyone says that!). I cannot say it was never in my pocket with a set of keys but surely it should not be that brittle? Went on Google and it seems hundreds of thousands of people have the same issue.

Shame on you Apple.

crack iphone X camera upper lens (not glass)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.