Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Data Usage Limit

Is there a way to set up a data usage limit on iOS 11.3? I don't want to exceed my allowed data.

I can't find the option under "Settings" and I can't believe this option is not on my iPhone 8 Plus...

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 12:47 PM

Hi MrBill3,

Thanks for your reply, so basically, there is no way to set a customized data limit that will turn off my data automatically or notifiy me that I have used 50% of my allowed data?

I was searching for a feature like Androids/ BlackBerry devices have integrated in their multiple OS.

See Attached.

User uploaded file

As you can see in the picture, the user has set a limit at 4.8GB and gets a warning at 1.9GB. He set that based on his data plan.

I think Apple should really work on this feature and add it to their OS.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2018 12:47 PM in response to MrBill3

Hi MrBill3,

Thanks for your reply, so basically, there is no way to set a customized data limit that will turn off my data automatically or notifiy me that I have used 50% of my allowed data?

I was searching for a feature like Androids/ BlackBerry devices have integrated in their multiple OS.

See Attached.

User uploaded file

As you can see in the picture, the user has set a limit at 4.8GB and gets a warning at 1.9GB. He set that based on his data plan.

I think Apple should really work on this feature and add it to their OS.

Apr 9, 2018 11:52 AM in response to Rheal.B

Rheal.B,

Hmm, there is not a way to do it directly. Every carrier and every plan is different so it would be difficult.

However, you can reset your cellular data usage to coincide with your carrier's billing cycle. Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll all the way down to Reset Statistics. Then monitor it periodically, to examine "CELLULAR - Current Period" to see how much data that you have used versus your plan's limit.

You can also go to Settings > Cellular and turn off Wi-Fi Assist.

Good luck.

Set Data Usage Limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.