Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music cuts out when the phone is locked after installing iOS 11.30

I loaded 11.30 this morning to my Iphone 6s.

When I use apple music and listen to albums in my library, the music cuts out, mutes, and jumps for about 15 seconds after I lock the phone. This does not occur in third party apps such as overdrive. Anyone else have this problem?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2018 10:43 AM

Hey, thisisthenametheygaveme.

I see that you've come across an issue when playing music on the lock screen of your iPhone 6s after updating to iOS 10.3. Songs will stop playing or jump to different points in the song. I'm happy to help.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close the Music application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

If the issue persists, try deleting and reinstalling the Music app using the steps below:
Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2018 10:43 AM in response to thisisthenametheygaveme

Hey, thisisthenametheygaveme.

I see that you've come across an issue when playing music on the lock screen of your iPhone 6s after updating to iOS 10.3. Songs will stop playing or jump to different points in the song. I'm happy to help.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close the Music application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

If the issue persists, try deleting and reinstalling the Music app using the steps below:
Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Apple music cuts out when the phone is locked after installing iOS 11.30

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.