Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not making charging sound

My iPhone X no longer makes a sound when placed on a charger. The feature helped confirm connection.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2018 12:20 AM

iPhone X, current iOS. I recently upgraded and immediately noticed that there is no sound when plugging in or using the wireless charging feature. Restarting fixed the issue temporarily (very temporarily, one day). I hope that this issue is addressed as soon as possible. I do not enjoy having to double check whether or not my phone is charging. Having the sound/chirp is very convenient.

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2018 12:20 AM in response to AppleCrew88

iPhone X, current iOS. I recently upgraded and immediately noticed that there is no sound when plugging in or using the wireless charging feature. Restarting fixed the issue temporarily (very temporarily, one day). I hope that this issue is addressed as soon as possible. I do not enjoy having to double check whether or not my phone is charging. Having the sound/chirp is very convenient.

Jun 1, 2018 7:03 PM in response to Rjpalko

I am also having this problem on the IPhone X. Just got a new car with Bluetooth where my iPhone automatically connects and thought the 4Runner was causing the phone to trip out and stop the charging sound whenever that connected. Glad to see that it should be a software issue. Was hoping it would be fixed in the recent iOS 11.4 update, but I just had the issue happen again post update... will be going to Apple soon.

Jun 9, 2018 8:15 AM in response to Rjpalko

Hello everyone,

I’ve been dealing with this for the last month or so as well, on an iPhone X. iOS 11.4 doesn’t appear to fix the issue as it just happened again yesterday. I restored my phone twice, once from a backup and second time I set up my phone as new. After restoring as a new phone, I was fine for a few weeks and the issue came back. My iPhone X was replaced and it’s happening on my replacement as well so I don’t think it’s hardware. I hope Apple addresses this, it’s driving me crazy.

Jul 13, 2018 2:35 AM in response to B7CAE

Probably. I deleted my Bleacher Report app and since then, I havent experienced the soundless carging beep. Its all normal now for me thank god. You probably have to figure out which app causes this. Try deleting your oldest app. Some apps that are not being updated by the creators are surely not optimised. Hope it works!

Jul 23, 2018 10:34 PM in response to WeeKG21

You are a genius! I’m out of town, near Cupertino, of all places, and the infernal beeping wouldn’t stop for 5 days on this trip; and it only happened when using both my car charger and desktop charger. I thought my cords were faulty and considered replacing them. But my sons on our trip have the iPhone 6s and both of my chargers worked fine for them without any beeping. I then considered taking my iPhone X back to Apple. But I read this thread as a last resort and followed the instructions to delete my old apps - and 20 deletions later there’s no beeping! Thank you so much for the tech fix!!!!!

iPhone not making charging sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.