Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook Password Required

For the last few days, in spite of being already logged on Facebook, I am continuosly required to submit my Facebook password.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:46 PM

But other problem is that the sync from Facebook with Calendar is no longer working, also the notifications in the Notifications Panel are gone. I don't think deleting the account is a solution, the solution is get the account working again.

The following extract is what I have posted in other related threat :

Mac wont connect to Facebook account

The same is happening to me since 1 or 2 days ago. Checking the system Console I am pretty sure is related with failing to connect to https://webdav.facebook.com:8443/

It appears to be something wrong with the SSL port 8443, cause you can check with port 443 with Safari and works fine.

The following record appears to me every time the "Can't not connect to Facebook" appears :

User uploaded file

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 3:46 PM in response to Javier Antroxu

But other problem is that the sync from Facebook with Calendar is no longer working, also the notifications in the Notifications Panel are gone. I don't think deleting the account is a solution, the solution is get the account working again.

The following extract is what I have posted in other related threat :

Mac wont connect to Facebook account

The same is happening to me since 1 or 2 days ago. Checking the system Console I am pretty sure is related with failing to connect to https://webdav.facebook.com:8443/

It appears to be something wrong with the SSL port 8443, cause you can check with port 443 with Safari and works fine.

The following record appears to me every time the "Can't not connect to Facebook" appears :

User uploaded file

May 27, 2018 7:22 PM in response to Javier Antroxu

I waited a few days but still no luck, contacted apple support and they couldn't resolve the issue, the steps i've attempted were the following:

1. NVRAM and SMC reset

2. delete all facebook related certificates and passwords from "keychain access" app

3. create a temporary user and try to sign from it in "internet accounts"

4. boot into safe mode

5.delete the account from "internet accounts" and try to sign in again

6. tried entering a specific app generated password using facebook security settings

7. log out and log in manually using browser (chrome and safari)

8. reboot computer

-----------------------------------

I hope I've covered all the troubleshooting steps i've done with apple support and using the forums,

hopeful it'll be useful in order to isolate the steps i've made.

I'll also attach the notifications I keep getting whenever I try to sign in again.

*It seems the issue occurs with LinkedIn as well.

User uploaded file

Jun 3, 2018 3:38 PM in response to hal_1984

My notifications and calendar are working just fine. However, the popup still remains and I can no longer “share” things with facebook from within macOS. I thought perhaps macOS X 10.13.5 would correct this, but it did not. I reported this to facebook last week when I first started seeing this happen. I believe it stems from the changes facebook implemented in security due to all the hubbub they were going through. See my reply on this other post: Re: OSX 10.13.4 Keeps Prompting Me For Facebook Password

May 27, 2018 1:48 AM in response to JarrahA

I just disabled Facebook in internet accounts. Still works fine on my laptop. I would imagine that it just stops you from being able to share photos from your laptop. You could always try disabling it, and then setting it up again and see if that helps. I haven't set it back up again because I don't share photos from my laptop. Hope that helps.

Jun 3, 2018 3:43 PM in response to Javier Antroxu

I’ve had this same issue for the past 2 weeks and have reported it to Facebook (last week) as I think it may have something to do with how they tweaked their privacy policy, etc. Below is what I reported to Facebook.

There seems to be a problem with the macOS X Facebook account integration (lots of people are asking/posting about this online with no one from Apple or Facebook really answering).

macOS X 10.13.4 Keeps Prompting Me For Facebook Password

The macOS keeps prompting me for my Facebook Password. After entering it correctly, it loops back and asks me to enter it again (vicious cycle). This started happening every day for the past 2 weeks on macOS. All of my iOS devices are fine and of course accessing via Safari is perfectly fine as well. Perhaps something was changed during all the Facebook privacy hubbub that triggered this.

Facebook Password Required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.