Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: MacBook Pro screen flickering solution

Hello. Has anyone had random screen flickering running High Sierra10.13.4? This is a new issue that started last weekend and its now continuing. Only change to configuration was installing Office 2016 a few days before flickering started. Sometimes after opening the cover I am getting a pink screen before it loads the wallpaper...

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 9:20 PM

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Apple support had me try this:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Posted on Apr 12, 2018 10:28 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

May 29, 2018 11:39 AM in response to bomalkevych In response to bomalkevych

I've exchanged 3 times now. Consistent issues with both the keys and the display on all of them. I'm heading back to the Apple Store AGAIN tonight. Its becoming glaringly obvious that this model was a complete lemon. I'm in a class of about 20 students that all got brand new MacBook Pro's 2017 model in January and most of the class has had issues.

May 29, 2018 11:39 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

May 29, 2018 7:38 PM in response to kims2 In response to kims2

Just started having this problem as well.

Prior to this my macbook pro 15" touchbar had a "kernel panic" within a few days of owning it.

Took it to the macstore to fix, they replaced a part and it was fine for a while.

couple months later it started making a popping sound randomly in the screen.... got it fixed system wiped.

Now it keeps suddenly crashing for no reason or when i open my laptop from sleep mode after a few minutes, it will crash again.

Got an appointment to get it fixed again and it just started flickering today.

Hope they figure this out. This model has just been a nightmare ridden with issues.

May 29, 2018 7:38 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 1, 2018 7:13 PM in response to kims2 In response to kims2

Mine started doing this after 10.13.4. I am now on 10.13.5 (released today) and it did it again this afternoon.

Randomly, it will just begin flashing on/off/on after I login to macOS. The only workaround is to close the lid and re-open it again.

I just booted into Safe Mode, reset NVRAM and SMC (again), will see if there is any improvement.

My logic board and display were both replaced a few months ago for an unrelated issue, before 10.13.4 was released in April.

I have a 2017 15" MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro 560.

Jun 1, 2018 7:13 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 1, 2018 10:07 PM in response to Oso Grande In response to Oso Grande

Sorry to hear that, That really S.U.C.K.S, hopefully apple addresses this, I have given my MBP(mid 2017) to apple store and he said this is happening frequent as he has seen the same issue in the past, they kept my laptop and said they will be sending it to repair facility, they might replace screen(he was not sure though) , I wish if they can give a new laptop, or make sure my laptop remain in the same pristine condition (after repair) as i have given it to them.

Jun 1, 2018 10:07 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 2, 2018 6:02 AM in response to Sid J In response to Sid J

Macbook pro retina, did the high sierra update 2 weeks ago, now have screen flicker on connected monitor making it unusable. Apple is dropping the ball on this with no published fix or update.

I use my macbook at my business and can not afford any down time....disappointed for sure.

Jun 2, 2018 6:02 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 2, 2018 6:20 PM in response to Sid J In response to Sid J

Thanks. I just got off of the phone with AppleCare. It started doing it again this afternoon.

The rep had me do a Disk First Aid, then do an in-place reinstall of macOS. It’s dubious if this will fix it but I’m willing to try anything. The next step is to do a complete wipe/re-install, then go to the store for repair.

My logic board and display were replaced for an unrelated issue a two months ago so this is on a replacement board and display.

Has anyone had any success with reinstalling macOS? Fingers crossed.

Jun 2, 2018 6:20 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: kims2

Question: MacBook Pro screen flickering solution