Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

suspicious email scam

EMAIL SCAM

good morning,

there is another email Phishing scam going around allegedly showing as a $49 Apple in app purchase that I *(or you) did not make if you received it too) with links to "cancel" the transaction or review your order - hovering your mouse over the various links in the email reveal that they are all taking you to the same website which has nothing to do with Apple. They are apparently attempting to trick you into going to their site, which I suspect will look as ligit as their email with Apple logos and such, and ask you to sign in to dispute or cancel the charge. If you do, the scammers will have your log in info and can do what ever they want with your account. AVOID THIS SCAM. It comes from sender: Apple [service-account@mailway-auth.online]

I can't include the links in this post due to limitations, but it has nothing to do with Apple.

I received the email yesterday and almost panicked at loosing 50 bucks to a scam, but checked my account and there is no purchase history and no money missing. they don't appear to have our sign in information now, but appear to be hoping that at least some of the 80+ Apple clients that the email was sent to will bite and sign in to their bogus site. check your account purchase history and funds in the apple store before being too concerned like I was. It is just a phishing scam. I don't know if it affects all products and operating systems or not, but wanted all to know just in case they try it on you too.

null-OTHER, may be all products / IOS levels?

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 5:34 AM

If you still have the email you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com

Similar questions

1 reply

suspicious email scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.