Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro touch screen unresponsive intermittently. Been noticing this since I was forced to update. Anyone know I fix?

Touch screen on iPad Pro 12’ Stops working, then after a few seconds it works again. This happens several times a day. for something that cost me 1000 GBP, I was expecting something to last a bit longer. Maybe with Apple planning to bring out a new iPad Pro model, perhaps the updates are there to break our older iPads So we are forced to buy the latest? seems odd that it’s startung to fail just before there’s news of a new iPad. Anyone else got this issue and did you find a solution? Thanks

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2018 6:12 PM

I purchased a iPad pro 12.9" in February 2018 and since then I have found that the screen will become unresponsive and requires either a soft reset to become responsive again or in bad cases, I need to turn it off and back on to use it.

It may be a week or two between occurrences and then it may only happen once but then there are times it just keeps happening multiple times in a row and the frustration level is high.

I tried using iTunes to backup my device, doing a factory reset and then setting it up again as a new device and found it kept happening.

It doesn't seem to be limited to certain apps as it happens with anything I am doing.

Sometimes just rotating the ipad to landscape and then back to portrait orientation will help but this problem is a pain.

If this is a hardware issue then it needs to be fixed or a solution provided fast as I paid a lot of money for a device that is faulty from the day I bought it.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2018 6:12 PM in response to deevaaaaa

I purchased a iPad pro 12.9" in February 2018 and since then I have found that the screen will become unresponsive and requires either a soft reset to become responsive again or in bad cases, I need to turn it off and back on to use it.

It may be a week or two between occurrences and then it may only happen once but then there are times it just keeps happening multiple times in a row and the frustration level is high.

I tried using iTunes to backup my device, doing a factory reset and then setting it up again as a new device and found it kept happening.

It doesn't seem to be limited to certain apps as it happens with anything I am doing.

Sometimes just rotating the ipad to landscape and then back to portrait orientation will help but this problem is a pain.

If this is a hardware issue then it needs to be fixed or a solution provided fast as I paid a lot of money for a device that is faulty from the day I bought it.

May 17, 2018 12:18 PM in response to deevaaaaa

If you find a resolution, I would love to know. I not only have this with my iPad Pro, but also with my iPhone 7plus. It’s extremely frustrating when I’ve been holding on a long phone call and I’m prompted for responses on the phone pad and nothing happens. I get kicked off of long phone calls after sitting on hold indefinitely. Plus, as someone else said, a lot of money tied up in these devices. I’m trying to get help setting something up on. Y iPad, but if there was s no response when I asked to tap something, they can’t help, so more money lost.

May 18, 2018 6:43 PM in response to deevaaaaa

I had the same issues, sent for checking and was informed Apple could not simulate the issue so concluded iPad is ok.

Reset the iPad many times but still same issue, and I recorded a video of it and show Apple support. After raising my voice and shouting to them, finally agreed to replace my iPad. Gonna got get my replacement today, and seriously I am not confident at all that this resolved the issue!

iPad Pro touch screen unresponsive intermittently. Been noticing this since I was forced to update. Anyone know I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.