Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightstar trade in

Hello

I sent my ipad to Brightstar for trade in and they received last friday, today friday one week later i never received any update from them this is normal?anybody that did the trade knows how long it takes for brightstar to give an update

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 3:25 PM

See >>> Apple Renew

There is a link for a status update on the upper right corner.

User uploaded file

15 replies

Apr 17, 2018 7:26 AM in response to TheRavox

Yes - using Apple renew UK aka Brightstar - process is an absolute joke. They received my iPad over a week ago and you have to mail directly... as the online portal as it’s only updated once they processed your item. First I was told it’s been popular and they have delays... then I email again for an idea ... they now reckon 2 more business days................ they quote turning round the assessment in 48hrs - been 6 days so far

Jun 9, 2018 11:34 AM in response to 145redgate

I just got this...

Hello

We would like to apologize for the delay in returning your device.

Due to overwhelming success with our trade program, we are experiencing a backlog at our warehouse. This has resulted in a shipping delay for devices that are being returned to customers. Per the latest from our warehouse, normal shipping operations have resumed. You should receive your device in 6 - 8 business days. We sincerely regret this inconvenience.

Thank you for participating in the Apple Online Reuse and Recycle Program!

lisa| Apple Online Reuse and Recycle Team

If you have additional questions, please call 1-855-389-3173. We want to ensure that your concerns are resolved in a timely manner. Any replies to this email are not routed to an agent fast enough to provide immediate responses.

Jun 14, 2018 11:54 AM in response to TheRavox

Beware using this company for a trade in. I am still waiting for my ipad to be shipped back to me after 3 weeks. Numerous phone calls to Brightstar and they can't give a straight answer as to where my ipad is.

My iPad was in excellent working condition with a perfectly working screen. So I mailed it to Brightstar with a tracking number, it arrived, was inspected and they gave it a value of $0 Due to problems with the display. Pictures on their website of my ipad where inaccurate; the pics showed a gold ipad whereas my is silver. I called Brightstar and they could not give me any details about what was wrong with the display. So I rejected the value and asked for my iPad to be returned to me. After 11 business days I still do not have my iPad returned. I have called Brightstar 4 times and could not get any help as to where my iPad is, no tracking number, location, nothing. No managers to speak to either. When I pressed them the guy gave me a tracking number for it and told me that my iPad was delivered to me today. I did not receive it. The tracking number given was the original tracking number for when they sent me the original shipping box 3 weeks ago. Very disappointed that Apple is using this company. I was going to use the gift card to purchase a new iPad for my son’s birthday. He is very sad now that he does not have a birthday present. Hoping Apple will step up and help

Jun 28, 2018 9:13 PM in response to TheRavox

Good luck. I sent my iPad in to them because Apple sent me this email offering to buy back my iPad. I filled out all the info, mailed my iPad back to them only to have them say they never got it. Then I gave them my tracking number to show that, yes they did get it. Then nothing for a week. Then I got an email saying they were sorry it was s

taking so long and would be sending me a $95 gift card in 2 to 3 days. Then a week later, I get another email saying I had not sent in my iPad and they were canceling my offer. I tried to call them, but their English was lacking and I could not understand them. Then the very next day, I get an email saying the iPad I sent in was not the one I said it was on my form and they were canceling my offer. I onlay had one iPad and I put the Serial number on my form taken directly from my iPad. My guess is they mixed up iPads while they were testing them, but I couldn’t get them to understand that. I told them to send mt iPad back to me. I bet I don’t get my original iPad. Never buy another Apple product again.

Jul 2, 2018 10:39 AM in response to TheRavox

I too am having nothing but problems with this company.

I sent in my pristine iphone 6 over one month ago and it was received by them within days of me shipping it, even though they dont know where it is. I have called and emailed them several times, and keep getting brushed off. One time last week I was told they had escalated my case to find my "lost" iphone and if it wasnt located in the warehouse within 3-5 business days, they would issue me a gift card for the quoted amount. So I called back in the 5 days and it still is not located and they took back the offer of issuing me the gift card. They again told me to "call back in 5 days".

The only reason I did the trade in with them is because they are partners with Apple, who I trust(ed). I could have received more money selling on ebay or gazelle, etc. I read the reviews on trustpilot about this company and I do not think one person out of 1000 has had a positive experience trading in their device.

Apple should NOT be partnering with them if they care about their reputation.

Please think twice about trading in your iphone,ipad,mac,etc with them, unless you want to waste tons of time and have your device stolen.

Jul 27, 2018 11:47 AM in response to TheRavox

Don’t use this! I got a quote on an iPad 2 and when they received it they told me it had scratches on the back of it so it was a $0 trade in. I refused. That was at the end of May/ beginning of June. I didn’t take close notice because I trusted whoever apple would recommend. Bad mistake! They originally sent a new box for me to send in my iPad. I called and questioned they said they would remedy immediately. Around 2 weeks later when I hadn’t received my package, I called to ask about my iPad, they apologized and said they would get it in the mail. That’s been at least 3 1/2 weeks ago. I called today and they tell me that it was sent on Monday. The biggest issue that I have, is the fact that they told me that I had a rose colored back on my iPad. IT was silver. They have apparently lost or traded my iPad. We shall see what I get back. This is a company that I trusted. I have been traveling across country and didn’t have time to keep up with this dealing like I should have. Probably my fault. However that being said, one would think that Apple would take more pride in who they use for their product. Thanks for nothing Apple !

Brightstar trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.