Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've updated my iPhone 6S Plus to the latest software, iOS 11.3. But my phone is now very slow and almost impossible to use! What can I do to fix this? Is there going to be a new update to fix this bug?

As stated above: I updated my iPhone 6S Plus to the latest software update of iOS 11.3, on Thursday morning (12th April 2018). It has significantly lagged my iPhone to the point where it is almost unusable! The whole phone lags so much that I have a delay in typing or tapping, scrolling on my phone or apps would cause it to freeze and crash and I couldn't end a Facetime call because of the lag that i'm experiencing! Not only that, but opening the camera app would cause SUCH A DELAY that i'd end up having to just close out of the app!

This is so disappointing considering the fact that iPhone updates are supposed to make it more efficient to use, not slow it down! I have tried switching off my phone and also doing a hard reset, which 5 minutes after resetting, it would be fine. But after that the iPhone's performance drops down dramatically.

Hopefully, Apple would come out with another update which would make my iPhone more useable, because as of right now, I am using my iPhone 5, which used to be slow in comparison to my iPhone 6S Plus. But now, it is actually FASTER than my iPhone 6S Plus!

Please help me, as i've tried doing everything and it still hasn't improved te condition of my iPhone. I have also waited 2 days from the day that i've updated my phone as i've read from another discussion that it would improve. However, it has not.

Posted on Apr 14, 2018 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2018 9:51 AM

You don't need an update. The simplest is a hard reboot/reset of your phone; press and HOLD, at the same time, the home and sleep buttons until the apple logo appears. If that doesn't help, you need to do a factory reset and then a restore. Depending on your apps, this one can be a pain as you may have to reenter many user names and passwords.

Of course, back up BEFORE you attempt anything; but then you regularly backup anyway, don't you?

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2018 9:51 AM in response to SaraJ14

You don't need an update. The simplest is a hard reboot/reset of your phone; press and HOLD, at the same time, the home and sleep buttons until the apple logo appears. If that doesn't help, you need to do a factory reset and then a restore. Depending on your apps, this one can be a pain as you may have to reenter many user names and passwords.

Of course, back up BEFORE you attempt anything; but then you regularly backup anyway, don't you?

Apr 30, 2018 7:40 AM in response to SaraJ14

Update: It is now 30th April 2018, and my iPhone 6S Plus is still heavily lagging. The fact that there are no bug updates to fix this issue is highly disappointing to me as an Apple user. I have no idea how to reach the people who are handling situations like this and I have figured that maybe posting on this support community group would have helped. However, that is not the case.

I hope Apple rectifies this issue as soon as possible as I would like to continue using my iPhone as per normal, but I cannot due to the immense lag.

Apr 30, 2018 7:43 AM in response to Zorksortronz

I have done countless hard resets on my iPhone but it still lags. My iPhone is also backed up through iCloud, however, i’d prefer to not have to do a factory reset as a means to an end. As this is too much hassle for me to deal with. I’d rather have Apple release an update that fixes this lag issue, but I doubt that they have actually read through my comments in this community group.

May 1, 2018 2:07 AM in response to SaraJ14

Saraj im sorry to hear about your issues with your iPhone 6S. I guess when you got your mobile new, it was still using ios 10 right? And so far i remember the 6S and the 6S plus have 2gigs of ram. Now meanwhile the iPhone 8 and iPhone X are out, both of them have 3 gigs of ram and get sold with ios 11. Apple is one of the few mobile sellers who normally have a awesome update policy. Even old devices get modern software. But that’s also a issue. Because older hardware will not preform as fast with ios 11 like it did with ios 10. Like i told you, your iPhone 6s has 2gigs or ram while ios 11 would prefer 3 gigs. I installed like You iOS 11 on my ipad air 2. It was really fast with ios 10. But as soon i installed ios 11 it transformed into a totally sluggish device. Apps take forever to open, animations are slow and the entire experience is just suboptimal. Guess you are facing the same issue. But thanx God i found a solution. I know you don’t want to preform a factory reset. But that’s the only thing that worked with me. I managed to set it up as new device and that gave me back a fast ipad. Maybe this would also help in your situation.

Regards mate

May 1, 2018 6:26 AM in response to SaraJ14

There is an update after iOS 11.3 about which you are complaining. Please check your software again, you should now have or be able to upgrade to iOS 11.3.1

If you already have the new version and the problem has appeared in both 11.3 and 11.3.1 that suggests the iOS software is not the problem, and you might have a rogue or incompatible app dragging down performance. The only way you can check this is a factory reset, then setup again and reload your apps on at a time until you find the offender.

I've updated my iPhone 6S Plus to the latest software, iOS 11.3. But my phone is now very slow and almost impossible to use! What can I do to fix this? Is there going to be a new update to fix this bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.