Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to get iPhone 6 to work properly?

My 6 has been lagging terribly on basic functions - taking a noticeable amount of time to text, call, or pull up any app. I have tried a factory reset and it seemed to make things worse. I have deleted many apps already but I am wondering if there are known apps that will effect these basic functions. My phone otherwise is in perfect condition. The battery functions properly and I have updated every time I had a new update offered. I am frustrated with this product. I want the phone and text to work and now don't care about the other stuff. I am considering getting a stupid phone and just using my computer or iPad for other functions. Apple can do better than this. Our family of Apple products users is considering looking elsewhere.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 8:49 AM

Similar questions

14 replies

Mar 18, 2018 9:10 AM in response to lawrencefiddler

Go to Settings, tap on your name, then iCloud. If the Contacts switch is on them your contacts will be saved in iCloud, and will restore as soon as you turn on iCloud on the restored phone. However, I suggest leaving iCloud off while you test, and only turn it on after verifying that the phone works better. This will test whether iCloud sync is slowing down the phone. It can happen.

Mar 21, 2018 6:49 AM in response to lawrencefiddler

This is an acceptable fix for you? To completely reset your phone with nothing but a single contact on the phone? Our family has three variations of the iPhone 6 and all of them are experiencing these issues. Our kids who have iPhone 5S DON'T have the lag. Two of our 6's have had the batteries replaced and it made NO difference. Resetting the phones and then not having any content is not a "solution". Why is Apple not addressing what is a HUGE issue????

Mar 21, 2018 9:59 AM in response to fezfactiry

fezfactiry wrote:

At least by replying you've gotten another notch toward your status level. Congrats on wasting so much time helping Apple deny the deteriorating quality of their products!

I don't get anything for replying. The ONLY way to get points is to respond to an initial post on a thread. And then only if the person who made that post clicks a "Solved" or "Helpful" button. So I get nothing but insults by responding to you. Good luck solving your problem. The technical one, that is; the social one no one can help you with.

Is there anyway to get iPhone 6 to work properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.