Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Movie Rental Won't Play

I rented a movie from iTunes but the movie won't play. I've tried everything (making sure all software is up to date, rebooting my macbook, using the mini-player, deauthorizing) and nothing worked. Why is this happening?

Posted on Apr 14, 2018 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 9:56 AM

Good afternoon claireyang,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
I understand you rented a movie from the iTunes Store but you aren't able to play it. What device did you use for the rental (iPhone/iPad or Mac or Apple TV?). Did you download the rental or just stream it? Did you see an error message?
The resource below explains how the rental process works and what to do if you have a problem playing the movie. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.:
Rent movies from the iTunes Store

If you can‘t stream or watch video content from the iTunes Store, try restarting your device. If your rental still won't play, learn about streaming issues or report a problem.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2018 9:56 AM in response to claireyang

Good afternoon claireyang,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
I understand you rented a movie from the iTunes Store but you aren't able to play it. What device did you use for the rental (iPhone/iPad or Mac or Apple TV?). Did you download the rental or just stream it? Did you see an error message?
The resource below explains how the rental process works and what to do if you have a problem playing the movie. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.:
Rent movies from the iTunes Store

If you can‘t stream or watch video content from the iTunes Store, try restarting your device. If your rental still won't play, learn about streaming issues or report a problem.

Take care.

iTunes Movie Rental Won't Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.