Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent iTunes Player Not Install-able

Hello. I have a Windows 10 HP Stream Notebook. For some reason starting today at 04/15/2018, iTunes was not opening because it decided to be corrupted today even if many days in a row it worked before. After trying to reinstall, the latest iTunes is not installing what so ever. I had to force uninstall all of the Apple softwares to try to reinstall iTunes, but whenever I tried to originally-uninstall any of the Apple product software it just popped up with errors saying, "Webkit.resource is not successfully complete." After force uninstalling the softwares, it still has not been able to be reinstalled at all. Now when trying to reinstall the iTunes, it has errors saying, "The Apple Application Support is not successfully complete." I had already installed the Microsoft's the legacy pack and already installed the latest Quicktime. iTunes is still being too stubborn to install, so I have no choice but to either ask this question or just state how it's not install-able.

Even before recently, when it was able to be installed, most of the songs were always skipped randomly either in mid song or just not playing a whole song altogether. I love to use iTunes mostly for to buy songs digitally and get them whenever I need them again. But, now with it not being install-able, I can't get to the songs I have on my account. Is this only temporarily and is going to be fixed or is Apple slowly starting to slip away from Microsoft?

null-OTHER, Windows 10, iTunes Player software

Posted on Apr 15, 2018 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 8:28 PM

I've got it! The reason why removing all Apple software, files, and folders did not fix this with just themselves, even when Windows 10 is up to date at 04/16/18 is because the system still had a trace of corrupted iTunes in the registry or where it allows the softwares to be installed! The solution for my problem was to, which is a pain, reinstall Windows 10 with the option of wiping and starting over. However, DO NOT do this if you are afraid of losing VERY important files! I'm in a situation where I was able to do it.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2018 8:28 PM in response to BenjiTheFox

I've got it! The reason why removing all Apple software, files, and folders did not fix this with just themselves, even when Windows 10 is up to date at 04/16/18 is because the system still had a trace of corrupted iTunes in the registry or where it allows the softwares to be installed! The solution for my problem was to, which is a pain, reinstall Windows 10 with the option of wiping and starting over. However, DO NOT do this if you are afraid of losing VERY important files! I'm in a situation where I was able to do it.

Apr 16, 2018 7:30 AM in response to BenjiTheFox

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall. Try the steps in the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section of turingtest2's guide at:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

There is also lots of other good iTunes troubleshooting advice in that guide.

Apr 16, 2018 2:03 PM in response to javaliga

Did both of those links and it is still not install-able. However I may have found out that the latest iTunes locked up the operating system from reinstalling it. So, I might just reset my whole operating system just because of the latest iTunes deciding to be "corrupted" all on it's own. If I can't get iTunes to be installed still even after the whole effort of resetting the PC, then I'll assume the worse that it don't support my laptop anymore.

Recent iTunes Player Not Install-able

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.