Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation error ipad air (wifi only)

Dear community maybe someone have any idea. i try everithing but no luck. no body can answer what is the problem... I restore my ipad and after that I choose language and country but then with wifi or itunes can't be activated. 24 ours later works without any problems...

hope someone can help me , apple support was terrifying no answers at all... I live in Argentina and they told me "came to USA to verify it..."

thanks again.

regards,

Juan

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3, null

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 2:48 PM

17 replies

Apr 16, 2018 10:04 PM in response to soysolojuan

Oh, iCloud Activation Lock is a whole different matter!!

Are you the original owner of this iPad? You said in your first post you were told to come to the U.S.A. --- did you buy this iPad there new, in a factory sealed box? Did you buy it at an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Retailer?

Here is material about Activation Lock.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Apr 16, 2018 9:38 PM in response to sberman

Sberman , thanks again. I see this problem a lot on the internet. No one has an answer, I try everything on thar forum and more stuff and no luck at all. I try with 3 different computers too, someone told me “is a hardware issue” or “you dont have internet on it...” i have, I put manually forced DNS servers and open websites without any problem.

Exists lots of problem like this and no solution yet. I talk with apple support hours and nothing. I think that the best option is drop it to trash. Sad but realistic.

Apr 16, 2018 10:10 PM in response to sberman

I buy it here in argentinaa year a go. I see it before and check serial number info on the case and software. It was clean 100%. I load up my apple id and use it, then past febrary i do a factory reset because has lot of trash, itunes do the upgrade of ios 11 and puff now is like this.

The only strange thing is, when i do the restore never ask for turn off “find my phone”. Maybe that is the problem, but no one here in argentina has the tools to solve it.

So on apple support tellme “came toUSA to check it” ... thats no to easy for me...

Apr 16, 2018 10:25 PM in response to soysolojuan

soysolojuan wrote:

The only strange thing is, when i do the restore never ask for turn off “find my phone”.

Assuming you had Find My iPhone "On", yes, that would have been very strange.

You bought the iPad in Argentina a year ago. But your model, the iPad Air Wi-Fi only, was discontinued by Apple in March 2016. So it sounds like the iPad had a previous owner. You checked it, it was clean, and it has worked fine until now.

That is very puzzling.

Are you asked to enter the Apple ID and password of any previous owner?

Sorry, I don't have any brilliant ideas to really help you. I can only suggest if you are asked Activation Lock questions (like the Apple ID or password of a previous owner) that you try to contact that person if you can.

activation error ipad air (wifi only)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.