Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won't import all new pics from iPhone

When I try to import pictures from my iPhone 6 into Photos, it won't import all of them. If I take 20 photos today, maybe 4 will be recognized as "not already imported" to Photos. I've tried unplugging my phone, restarting all programs, etc. Any ideas? I'm trying to avoid meticulously uploading all photos to the iCloud and re-downloading to my computer. I have OS X Yosemite on my MacBookPro and an iPhone 6. My phone has the latest software update, and there are no available updates for Photos on my Mac. Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.3, OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2018 8:32 AM

Most likely you have iCloud PHoto Library enabled on your IOS device. If you do then either enable it on you Mac too and use it or disable it on your IOS device (be sure that you have full resolution originals not have optimized versions of photos on your IOS device) - you can not manually import from IOS devices using ICPL

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2018 8:32 AM in response to photohelpkbb

Most likely you have iCloud PHoto Library enabled on your IOS device. If you do then either enable it on you Mac too and use it or disable it on your IOS device (be sure that you have full resolution originals not have optimized versions of photos on your IOS device) - you can not manually import from IOS devices using ICPL

LN

Photos won't import all new pics from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.