Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shazam not working on Apple watch

Hi All,

Shazam has not been working on my watch for some time. I have upgraded to the most recent ios for both phone and watch but still nothing. I deleted and reinstalled the app and again nothing. Shazam just says it will look when its next online, but I just get a message saying no match. My phone works perfectly and my watch used to but its just stopped.

I have other apps that work fine on the watch that use data so I am perplexed.

Is anybody having this issue?

Regards

Marcus

Posted on Apr 17, 2018 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2018 5:31 PM

Hi there, Marcus!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your issue, your Shazam app has not been working as expected on your Apple Watch. Specifically, if you try to identify a song, it just says it will try once it's back online. You have no problems identifying songs on your paired iPhone with Shazam, though. I'd be happy to help!

First, I would recommend taking a look over Shazam's FAQs regarding using your Apple Watch here: Apple Watch - Shazam in no time. – Shazam Help . Specifically, the following:

What happens if I try to Shazam on Apple Watch while out of range of my iPhone?

If you don’t have a Watch Series 3 LTE, then you can still use your watch to listen to the music while away from your iPhone. We’ll give you a little tap on your wrist when we have a result for you after you’ve reconnected with your phone.

If the issue continues after you've checked the settings and suggestions from Shazam, and you're using an Apple Watch Series 3 LTE on cellular data or in range of your iPhone when you try to Shazam with your Apple Watch, use the steps in If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support to troubleshoot. I recommend going through all the steps, in order. If you've already done a step, confirm you've done it as outlined in the article.

Happy listening!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2018 5:31 PM in response to marcusfromhoddesdon

Hi there, Marcus!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your issue, your Shazam app has not been working as expected on your Apple Watch. Specifically, if you try to identify a song, it just says it will try once it's back online. You have no problems identifying songs on your paired iPhone with Shazam, though. I'd be happy to help!

First, I would recommend taking a look over Shazam's FAQs regarding using your Apple Watch here: Apple Watch - Shazam in no time. – Shazam Help . Specifically, the following:

What happens if I try to Shazam on Apple Watch while out of range of my iPhone?

If you don’t have a Watch Series 3 LTE, then you can still use your watch to listen to the music while away from your iPhone. We’ll give you a little tap on your wrist when we have a result for you after you’ve reconnected with your phone.

If the issue continues after you've checked the settings and suggestions from Shazam, and you're using an Apple Watch Series 3 LTE on cellular data or in range of your iPhone when you try to Shazam with your Apple Watch, use the steps in If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support to troubleshoot. I recommend going through all the steps, in order. If you've already done a step, confirm you've done it as outlined in the article.

Happy listening!

Shazam not working on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.