Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - shared family album missing

Hi all.

I am trying to share my photos and albums on my Mac and iPhone, and I am not finding the Family folder that should have been system generated under "Shared" section in the left hand index of the Photos app when setting up the family.

I am not sure if it was not created or was somehow deleted, but how can I recover or re-create this family shared album?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 17, 2018 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 1:28 AM

Have you iCloud Photo Sharing enabled in the Photos > Preferences > iCloud?Not only in the System Preferences > iCloud > Photos?

And did you reveal the Shared albums in the sidebar?

The Shared section can be hidden. Hover the pointer to the farright of "Shared" in the sidebar to reveal the hidden Show/Hide control and click "Show", if the section is hidden. Then click the disclosure triangle to the left of Shared albums.

User uploaded file

Does the Family Shared album show, if you select a photo, click the Share button and select iCloud Photo Sharing?

The panel of shared albums in the Add to Shared album menu may need scrolling to see all shared albums.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2018 1:28 AM in response to David2701

Have you iCloud Photo Sharing enabled in the Photos > Preferences > iCloud?Not only in the System Preferences > iCloud > Photos?

And did you reveal the Shared albums in the sidebar?

The Shared section can be hidden. Hover the pointer to the farright of "Shared" in the sidebar to reveal the hidden Show/Hide control and click "Show", if the section is hidden. Then click the disclosure triangle to the left of Shared albums.

User uploaded file

Does the Family Shared album show, if you select a photo, click the Share button and select iCloud Photo Sharing?

The panel of shared albums in the Add to Shared album menu may need scrolling to see all shared albums.

Apr 18, 2018 10:49 PM in response to David2701

David2701 wrote:

Good question. I cannot find where in my Photo's app on my Mac it links with an iCloud account. Where would that be?

Open System Preferences > iCloud. It should show your primary iCloud account, and Photos should be checked. ("Only your primary account can use iCloud for ... Photos ..." would show if you consult System Preferences > Internet Accounts for any other iCloud account you may have.)

Photos - shared family album missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.