Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Full with Photos

My iCloud photo library is turned, but my phone still says I am taking up phone storage with my photo. Photos are taking up so much space on my phone (1.28GB), but look like they are uploaded to iCloud when I login on computer. 35GB still available on my iCloud. I can't use certain apps like google play or take more photos because the storage is full.

iPhone 5c, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 8:00 AM

Hello Krista,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have iCloud Photo Library is enabled but you are still receiving messages that your iPhone storage is full. One of the features offered with iCloud Photo Library is the ability to Optimize Storage. The following article has information on how to Optimize Storage which you may find helpful:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Save space on your device

iCloud Photo Library keeps all of your photos and videos in their original, high-resolution version. You can save space on your device when you turn on Optimize Storage.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Tap Photos.
  3. Choose Optimize [device] Storage.
Best Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2018 8:00 AM in response to krista167

Hello Krista,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have iCloud Photo Library is enabled but you are still receiving messages that your iPhone storage is full. One of the features offered with iCloud Photo Library is the ability to Optimize Storage. The following article has information on how to Optimize Storage which you may find helpful:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Save space on your device

iCloud Photo Library keeps all of your photos and videos in their original, high-resolution version. You can save space on your device when you turn on Optimize Storage.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Tap Photos.
  3. Choose Optimize [device] Storage.
Best Regards.

Apr 20, 2018 10:14 AM in response to krista167

Krista,

Since Optimize Storage has been enabled for your photos, other areas of the internal storage of your iPhone may need to be reviewed. Under Settings > General > [Device] Storage you will find recommendations to optimize your storage. The following article has information about these recommendations you may find helpful:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use recommendations to optimize storage

In the Storage section of Settings, iOS might offer recommendations for optimizing your device's storage. Tap Show All to see all the recommendations for your device.

Read the description of each recommendation, then tap Enable to turn it on.

Take Care.

Storage Full with Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.