Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[Solved] Podcasts app "Can't connect right now"

I'm using iPhone6 with Hong Kong itunes account. Since updated to iOS 11 last September, Podcasts app crippled on Browse and Search tab. At first it looked like the app's problem. Then by chance I switched to Japan and UK store and Podcasts app worked normally. Many users complained here were from Hong Kong and Switzerland. So it seems more likely the Store settings went wrong in these locations.

Hong Kong Apple Store staff and hotline support were ignorant about the issue. Apple feedback web page and iTunes Store support DID NOT RESPOND at all. I emailed to "podcastsupport@apple.com" on 11 March, got some really crappy replies showing Apple's lack of quality in customer service. After started using ALL CAPS in my reply, I was asked to provide screenshots. So I did, showing different performance under different store locations.

On 11 April, 5 days after sending screenshots, I was given an engineering team ticket number (39328340) pending investigation. And 8 days later (19 April), without any updates or change in settings or store location, Podcasts app finally working normal.

I did not get a reply explaining what went wrong or how it was solved yet. I hope others, especially Swiss users, would also see their app working fine.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3, null

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 9:57 PM

Yes, I just tried and finally success to browse the podcast content at Hong Kong podcast store as well!!!

Similar questions

4 replies

[Solved] Podcasts app "Can't connect right now"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.