Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts stutter since iOS 11.3 update

This is maybe a bug report.

Since the update to iOS 11.3, podcasts will stutter at certain points — most frequently near the beginning of the podcast.

Any comments?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 12:17 AM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2018 1:45 PM in response to mark louis uhrich

Hello mark louis uhrich,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with the Podcast app not playing as expected on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please force close the Podcast app and restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still having this issue with the Podcast app, your next step is to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ​
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!

May 11, 2018 9:17 AM in response to mark louis uhrich

Thanks for replying, mark louis uhrich, and that additional info, it really helps! Next, use iTunes on your Mac or PC to back up and restore your iOS software to factory settings, as this process erases the information and settings on your device and installs a fresh copy of the latest iOS software. Temporarily set up your phone as new to test your issues, and then restore your backup and test the issues again.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ​
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings ​
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

May 17, 2018 1:29 AM in response to mark louis uhrich

I have the same issue on my iPhone 7.

Closing/restarting/reinstalling have not addressed the issue. Now using different podcast app because Apple app is so buggy.

Also have issues with calls (that sort of seem related, thus my mention of it here), where person on the other end suddenly sounds garbled. Reminds me of a hostage negotiation call in a movie - voice modulated, slowed down.

Podcasts stutter since iOS 11.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.