Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer add apps to my ipad dock!!

i am unable to add apps to my ipad dock. Running 11.3. Apps can be selected, they wiggle, then dragged to left side of dock, but they return to the previous spot on the homescreen everytime!

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 6:53 AM

I was able to drag the apps to the center of the dock on top of safari, moving the apps to the desired place.

Thank you for your help. But this recent update is buggy. I could not open up Safari on my iPad to reply to your comments. I had to use Chrome. What is the deal with Apple.

7 replies

Apr 19, 2018 5:38 AM in response to dougwilsonus

How many apps do you have in the dock? I think the limit is 10 and that would include recently used apps. If you have recently used apps enabled, that would allow for 7 apps in the dock.

If you are meeting those requirements, try restarting the iPad and see if that fixes it. If not, try a forced restart. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Apr 19, 2018 6:55 AM in response to dougwilsonus

I know this sounds stupid, but have you tried moving apps off of one of the screens to another screen or move to another home screen and see if you can add an app to the dock from that screen?

I know that some users were having issues with the dock moving out of place in iOS 11.xx. ( can’t remember exactly which version it was) and I wonder if this is related.

Can no longer add apps to my ipad dock!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.