Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 3 major issues making phone unresponsive

Last week I updated to IOS 11.3 on my iphone 6S

Since then my home button is unresponsive, my apps consistently freeze or alternatively it will open multiple apps and then crash. Restarts have not worked. I have no recent backups and am reluctant to do this. But it is at the point where it is almost unusable. Phone worked absolutely perfectly before the update so it's definitely a software issue. My battery was only changed a few months ago so that shouldn't be a cause of the issue.

Restored to factory settings at that made no difference.

Home button is almost completely unresponsive now making my phone nearly unusable.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it?

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 1:08 PM

jackfromratby wrote:

Since then my home button is unresponsive, my apps consistently freeze or alternatively it will open multiple apps and then crash. Restarts have not worked. I have no recent backups and am reluctant to do this. But it is at the point where it is almost unusable. Phone worked absolutely perfectly before the update so it's definitely a software issue. My battery was only changed a few months ago so that shouldn't be a cause of the issue.

Home button is almost completely unresponsive now making my phone nearly unusable.

if you restore it as new and you still have issue, then your next step is to schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar and take it in to the nearest Apple store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2018 1:08 PM in response to jackfromratby

jackfromratby wrote:

if you restore it as new and you still have issue, then your next step is to schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar and take it in to the nearest Apple store.

IOS 3 major issues making phone unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.