Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove my saved passwords from an ipod touch without deleting them from my phone

how do i remove my saved passwords from an ipod touch without deleting them from my phone

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 1:28 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2018 9:41 AM in response to Shazbit

Hey Shazbit,
I understand you're wanting to remove your iCloud Keychain passwords from one device and keep them on another. I'd love to provide assistance with this.
From the article below we'll want to follow these sections:

Can I set up iCloud Keychain so that my information isn't backed up in iCloud?

Yes. When you set up iCloud Keychain, you can skip the step to create an iCloud Security Code. Your keychain data is then stored locally on the device, and updates across only your approved devices.

If you don't create an iCloud Security Code, Apple can't help you recover your iCloud Keychain.

To set up iCloud Keychain without creating an iCloud Security Code, follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, and tap Keychain. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud, and tap Keychain.
  2. Enter your Apple ID password.
  3. When asked if you want to use your device passcode as the iCloud Security Code, tap Create Different Code.
  4. Tap Advanced Options, then choose one of these options:
    • Get a Random Security Code.
    • Don't Create Security Code. If you don’t create an iCloud Security Code, then your iCloud Keychain is stored locally on your device instead of Apple's servers, and will update only across your approved devices.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete iCloud Keychain setup.

On your Mac using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences.
  2. Click iCloud, then select Keychain.
  3. Enter your Apple ID password.
  4. Click Advanced, then choose one of these two options:
    • Get a Random Security Code.
    • Don't Create Security Code. If you don't create an iCloud Security Code, then your iCloud Keychain is stored locally on your Mac instead of Apple's servers, and will update only across your approved devices.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete iCloud Keychain setup.

What happens when I turn off iCloud Keychain on a device?

When you turn off iCloud Keychain for a device, you're asked to keep or delete the passwords and credit card information that you saved. If you choose to keep the data, it isn't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices.

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support
Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.